If He was dead, he would be insignificant. We still talk about him everyday because he is very much alive. He is risen! Who is this much loved much hated man? Let’s see what the book of John says about him.
- John 3vs16 tells is that Jesus is the son of the Creator whom we call God or Jehovah. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 ESV)
- Jesus is the Word of God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14, ESV)
- Jesus is the light. The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. (John 1:9, ESV)
- Jesus is the Discerner of Hearts. But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man. (John 2:24-25, ESV)
- Jesus is the Lamb of God. The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! (John 1:29, ESV)
- Jesus is the Messiah. They said to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Savior of the world.” (John 4:42, ESV)
- The Way. The Truth. The Life. Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6, ESV)
- Jesus is God. Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves. (John 14:10-11, ESV)
- The True Vine. “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. (John 15:1, ESV)
- The Good Sherperd. I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, (John 10:14, ESV)
May the Sprit of the Lord touch you now and reveal the Word of the Lord to you. In Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.